Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth mic in MainStage 3?

Hey Everyone,

I perform instrumental compositions and I was wondering if I bought a Bluetooth headset mic, if MS would recognize it and allow me to talk to the audience between songs using that instead of having to set up a separate stand and mic and running it directly to my JBL speakers.

Setting up an extra track ("Concert" wide) for the vocal and mixing it accordingly would be so convenient and eliminate the stand and cabling. Since I'm not singing, it doesn't need to be of the same high quality like a Countryman.

Thanks for your help.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:42 PM

9 replies

Mar 31, 2015 1:55 PM in response to Blueberry

I wondered if I might need to create a new device. I was using a Focusrite interface but just switched to an iRig HD for my guitar input (always looking to reduce setup time and footprint). Because the iRig doesn't provide an output, everything comes out the headphone jack and then splits to L, R XLRs.

On the crazy side of things, I designed a foot control layout on my iPad using Midi Designer (see image), to control amp/effect functions and start audio tracks. The only downside is that I have to be barefoot - a little awkward when playing at church or at Children's Hospital!User uploaded file

Apr 8, 2015 4:52 AM in response to RichardinConcert.com

How about getting a pair of those gloves which work with ipads and cutting the tips off then sticking them to your shoes for the gig??

BTW, that stand for the mac looks very useful, could you possibly provide a link of what it is please?

Also, I like the look of that app! How does the Midi Designer app talk to MS3, is it via bluetooth or wifi? Is it easy to set up?

Cheers!

Apr 10, 2015 2:10 PM in response to mikmanmikman

My stand is an Ultimate Support HyperStation - http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HyperStatQR?adpos=1o1&creative=5567477688 1&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj…

It is very handy and versatile in its many configurations.

Madddcow is correct regarding Midi Designer. I use Bluetooth because I it's available anywhere, whereas WiFi may not be. I use BluePort Host to make the connection with my iPad.

I did think about cutting up gloves!

Apr 10, 2015 2:25 PM in response to Madddcow

Madddcow, I'm not having any luck with my new BT mic. It's a Plantronics Voyager Edge and I paired it with my MacBook Pro just fine. I created a aggregate device that included my iRig HD but it doesn't provide any sound within MainStage or Logic. Very disappointed so far.

I downloaded a voice memo app to test it and it works there.

Here's a screen shot of me adding an audio track in Logic and how my aggregate is set up ("Mic and iRig"). Can you see something that I'm missing?

User uploaded file

Bluetooth mic in MainStage 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.