Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb for One Specific Contact

After updating my 5C to iOS 8.2, my phone has defaulted my boyfriend's text messages to Do Not Disturb mode and I am not notified. I have to specifically look at my home screen to see if any unread messages are pending. Do Not Disturb is not on, and calls come through just fine. I have tried going into Do Not Disturb Settings and there isn't anything there to specify an individual, unless a group is set up. There are no groups set up. I have also checked his contact settings, as well as iMessage settings and nothing is showing out of the ordinary. Any ideas how this can be fixed?? Thanks to anyone that can help!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2017 11:11 PM

I just tried this out with a friend......

If you turn on Do Not Disturb on your iMessage, it will just not notify you. This includes no message preview when you lock your phone. However, the person can still call you and it will still ring as regular calls.

15 replies

Mar 31, 2015 10:08 AM in response to AmishCake

Yes, unfortunately, messages are set to show when the screen is locked. Other people can text me and they show up, just not him. And there is the Do Not Disturb icon next to his iMessage thread. I've tried resetting my phone, deleting his iMessage thread & starting a new one, deleting his contact & re-adding. Nothing helps. But thank you for the idea!!

Do Not Disturb for One Specific Contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.