Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cloud songs on Mac vs on iPhone.

My iTunes indicates that I do not have any songs in the Cloud, so why do I have 100s of songs in the Cloud on my iPhone after syncing? When I'm out and about these Cloud songs aren't accessible.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 9:46 AM

2 replies

Apr 2, 2015 2:39 PM in response to VikingRC

Hello VikingRC,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post it looks like you are seeing your previous purchased songs available for download from iTunes in the Cloud. If you want to disable this option of seeing items available for download but not on your iPhone, then simply disable the option "Show All Music" in your Music Settings on the iPhone.

Music settings - iPhone

Take care,

Alex H.

Apr 2, 2015 3:59 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks, alex_h1. I didn't know about that control, and disabled it. I rebooted the iPhone and connected it to the MacBook to Sync again, hoping that the songs on the Mac would appear on the iPhone. Nothing has changed.

But, maybe I wasn't clear enough when I posted the question. Let me try to clarify: iTunes on my MacBook shows 4400 "Items", but the iPhone shows 528 "songs" after syncing. Maybe the "items" that iTunes calculates isn't the number of songs, but all items listed in the columns?

Cloud songs on Mac vs on iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.