Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware in skype for mac how to remove searchbenny

My Macbook Pro is going loco since receiving Malware from Skype for mac. Volume icon has disappeared from taskbar AND is it permanently greyed out in System Preferences.Consequently I am locked in to the MUTE mode. Got rid of searchbenny as my search engine but it has screwed up my laptop. Slowed it down, slow screen downloads and god knows what other damage it has dome. . .I am not a techie. . .I need a simple step by step explanation of how to revove search benny and its hidden counterparts allowing me to stay with Google as my search engine and get the volume icon restored and working on my taskbar.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 11:19 AM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2015 1:03 PM in response to colliegirl4

They provide manual instructions as well, the uninstaller just does that part for you. So if you are worried about their software, just follow their step by step pictured instructions on how to remove it.

From what I can tell, it's just a search engine tool that was probably bundled with some software that you downloaded...

FYI, only download software from the developers site, never from a third party location.

Malware in skype for mac how to remove searchbenny

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.