Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My downloads are not going to the download folder

I have OS X 10.9.5 Mac Pro . Adobe Flash Player keeps requiring downloads. When I download the file, it is not in my download file folder. Where did it go? And how can I get downloads to go into this folder?

Thank you

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), Processor speed 23 GHz core i 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:47 PM

Check you browser settings. This is for Safari:

User uploaded file

Ciao.

8 replies

Mar 31, 2015 1:19 PM in response to azcactusflwr

For Firefox, go to the Mozilla web site and download it. I have used it for several years and I prefer it over other browsers. I also have Opera installed and Safai. I do not use Google Chrome because of the history of compatibility problems with OSX and it can be a resource glutton.

I do have Adobe Flash Player installed. Download it from the Adobe web site.

As a general rule, download ONLY from developer web sites or the App store. Many sites will include unwelcome 'goodies', usually advertisements, and it will be much safer and more pleasant.

Ciao.

Mar 31, 2015 1:57 PM in response to azcactusflwr

This is the best I can find from Apple:

https://www.apple.com/support/macbasics/

There are other sites on the web, but you can do your own search.

Apple stores have a 'one to one' program but then you are at the mercy of the quality of the instructor, They are not all of equal competence.

https://www.apple.com/retail/learn/one-to-one/

The world of Windows is alien to me. I have been only a Mac user from the day I purchased my first MBP. I cannot assist you in that department.

Ciao.

My downloads are not going to the download folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.