Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant import photos from my Iphone 6 to iphoto

I can't import the photos from my iphone 6 to iphoto, it says that the photos are unreadable because of their format. I don't understand what caused it because weeks before i didnt have the issue.

iPhone 6, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 10:34 AM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 10:44 AM in response to samcr

As a test launch iPhoto with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import some photos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

Also launch Image Capture with the iPhone connected and see if you can upload the photos to a folder on the Desktop. Then see if the files can be opened with Preview. If so try importing to iPhoto.

User uploaded file

Apr 1, 2015 11:01 AM in response to Old Toad

I tried what you said and it didnt work out. At the end i had to import my photos with airdrop to my mac and than open them with iphoto with was strange because they were the same format JPG that didnt allow before. The other thing i couldnt comprehend was that i tried to import my photos directly through iphoto with another mac and it worked out. Could it be that mine has a virus or something or maybe its just my iphoto?

I cant import photos from my Iphone 6 to iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.