Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I disable an AppleID on iPad

My Dad passed away and I "inherited" his iPad. Even though I have my own AppleID I cannot get the requests for his AppleID password to stop coming up every 10 seconds or so. Its infuriating and makes the iPad unusable. I don't know his password, his email account has been deleted and I don't know the answers to his security questions. How do I get the iPad to stop asking me for his password!?!

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 11:00 AM

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 11:32 AM in response to bzl3bp

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Gather up proof that your father was original purchaser of the iPad, his death certificate, and proof

that you inherited the iPad (such as will, probate record/decision) and take all of that with the

iPad to a physical Apple store. Or gather all that information and contact AppleCare.

Mar 31, 2015 6:42 PM in response to imobl

Thanks, imobl. I can't find the iPad receipt but we did find his Apple Care Protection Plan certificate. Also found out his upgraded iCloud storage plan and iTunes recurring charges are still being charged to my step mom's credit card, so trying to get those turned off. I was hoping there was a quick fix, but I guess there isn't :\

How do I disable an AppleID on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.