Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I set different margins on alternate pages for binding as a book.

In previous versions of Pages it was possible to set different margins on alternate pages to create a gutter for binding. I can't do this in Yosemite with the latest version of Pages.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Pages version 5.5.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 11:16 AM

4 replies

May 13, 2016 7:23 AM in response to AdrienneBell

AdrienneBell wrote:

In previous versions of Pages it was possible to set different margins on alternate pages to create a gutter for binding. I can't do this in Yosemite with the latest version of Pages.

As far as I can determine, you can't. Pages 5 doesn't have that capability and never has, despite it being in Pages '09. Lots of requests for it but Apple is ignoring its customers :-(

May 13, 2016 3:30 PM in response to larry666

Among the Terms of Use for the support communities is omission of speculation about Apple and its products.

Pages v5 was a mistake, and is orthogonal to practical word processing features and user requirements. Almost all third-party word processing solutions are superior in their capabilities, and the woefully expensive skill diversion to fix Pages v5 is now likely prohibitive.

How can I set different margins on alternate pages for binding as a book.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.