Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i upgrade hard ware components through apple store?

Say my processor is 1.8GHz and i want to upgrade it to 2.2GHz. Can i do this through apple store?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 4:01 PM

No. If you're buying a new system, some have build to order options with faster processors than the base models, but the processors are not upgradable after the fact.

2 replies

Apr 1, 2015 7:41 AM in response to kak yan Bryan

If you are asking about a computer you already own, no, Apple’s computers officially cannot be upgraded after purchase. Unofficially the hard drives of some computers can be upgraded by third parties. For the MBA in particular the 2013 models and older can be upgraded with larger hard drives.

If you are asking about buying a new computer, Apple stores generally carry the popular models which include a few upgraded models. The easy way to tell if your computer will be at the store or if you have to order it at Apple’s website is to go to Apple’s website store and select the computer with the upgrades you are interested it. Then select in store pickup and select your preferred store. You will be told if it is available for pickup now or if you’ll have to order it for delivery to the store. BTW this is a great way to buy a computer from Apple. Order it online for in store pickup. If it is available you’ll get an email or text within an hour or so telling you it is ready. If it isn’t available immediately you’ll get an email when it is delivered to the store. Doing a pickup at the store is a breeze. If you need no assistance you can be in and out of the store in 5 minutes. If you do need assistance you’ll get it immediately.

can i upgrade hard ware components through apple store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.