Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps not syncing

Can't understand why my apps aren't syncing between my Mac & iPhone6. Podcasts are but when I download apps in iTunes then connect the phone the apps don't update on the phone.

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), MacPro, rMBP, iPhone 6Plus

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:47 PM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2015 7:41 AM in response to marc smith6

Hi Marc,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you're downloading iOS apps from the iTunes Store on your Mac, you may want to double-check your sync settings in iTunes to make sure it's set to sync those apps to your iPhone. You can use the steps found at this link:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

You can also download the apps on your iPhone using the steps in this article:

Download past purchases - Apple Support

All the best,

Jeremy

Apr 3, 2015 7:52 AM in response to jeremy_v

If I am in iTunes and select Apps there is no tick box or selection to let me sync to the iPhone from iTunes. If I navigate to all the other options like Music there is indeed the ability to tick a box to sync music between the device and iTunes.

When on the Apps page in iTunes there is a Sync button in the bottom right hand side of the BUT when I click to sync (as mentioned above) it doesn't sync my Apps between the two.

Apr 4, 2015 4:23 PM in response to marc smith6

Hello Marc,

Thanks for your reply.

You're right that there's no checkbox in the Apps section of iTunes. To sync apps, you can click the "Install" button next to apps in your iTunes library that aren't on your iPhone. You can also drag and drop App icons to organize them on your iPhone home screens. After making your desired changes, you should notice that the "Sync" button has changed to an "Apply" button.

You can find some more detailed instructions for syncing apps using iTunes on this page:

iTunes 12 for Mac: Sync and organize iOS apps

If syncing apps still doesn't seem to be working as expected, you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support resources:

https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Apps not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.