Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (Early 2011) - Windows 8.1 Bootcamp

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you some information if you have this version of MacBook Pro and you want to install Windows 8.1 in NON-EUFI mode. (The reason you might want to do this is because the graphics and sound drivers have problems in EUFI mode which means you won't be able to get the most out of your system).

You cannot install Windows 8.1 in NON-EUFI mode if you install from a USB drive. You need to install Windows 8.1 from a DVD and choose the "Windows" option during boot, not the EUFI option.

Hopefully this will save you a couple of hours of your life.

After installing the newest Boot Camp package, I recommend you go to AMD website and get their newest Boot Camp drivers, after I did this i could suddenly use the Catalyst Control Centre, which I was unable to previously.

Also go into Power Options and disable adaptive brightness (google how to do that) otherwise your screen might go kinda dark (NOTE: Do _not_ try to make it brighter before you have installed the Boot Camp drivers, or you might end up with a totally black screen every time windows boots).

Enjoy!

/Marc

Message was edited by: Marc

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Boot Camp

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:36 PM

There are no replies.

MacBook Pro (Early 2011) - Windows 8.1 Bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.