Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

full memory because of folder "other"

How should I delete things from folder "other"? I have 16gb memory and this folder takes 9gb, and I dont have any photos and music in my iphone.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 11:32 AM

1 reply

Apr 3, 2015 6:08 AM in response to lulieenka

Hello lulieenka,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Since you don't have any photos and videos on your iPhone, and Other data is taking up 9GB, I'd like you to please back up your iPhone to iCloud, and then restore from that backup.

1. Tap Settings > iCloud > Backup. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
  2. Tap iCloud Backup to turn it on.
  3. Tap Back Up Now.

After backing up your iPhone, you can then Erase All Content and Settings, followed by restoring from your backup.

You can go through the iOS Setup Assistant again by erasing all the content on the device. Just tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This will remove all content from your device, so do this only if you already have a backup. The iOS Setup Assistant is the only way to restore a backup.

1. Turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen.
  2. Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant until you get to the Set Up screen.
  3. Select Restore from iCloud Backup.
  4. Select a backup.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

full memory because of folder "other"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.