Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not want to upgrade to yosemite as I use parallels and updating will mean I have to buy new software How can I just update safari without updating the operating system

My service provider for my emails One.com is blocking me accessing the data as my version of safari is out of date. Im on version 10.8.6 snow leopard and do not wish to upgrade as I use parallels on this laptop to manage some other software that I run. Is there something I can do just to update safari alone so that I can access my emails using safari. If I download and use chrome it works fine. Please advise Paul

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 11:55 AM

Use Chrome then. Safari has no standalone installers anymore. In order to upgrade Safari, you need to upgrade your OS.

6 replies

I do not want to upgrade to yosemite as I use parallels and updating will mean I have to buy new software How can I just update safari without updating the operating system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.