Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 17.2GB storage available on I cloud yet my I pad can't even upgrade a simple app as it says it is full

I have 17.2GB storage available on I cloud yet my I pad can't even upgrade a simple app as it says it is full - it says I have 0 bytes available

Any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:35 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

The purpose of iCloud storage is to store backups and put files in order to be synced through all your devices, not to use it as an additional local storage. This means that you cannot put any app there if you do not have enough space on your device; in other words, you have to delete data from your iPad in order to update apps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 1:35 PM in response to Kbrucie

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

The purpose of iCloud storage is to store backups and put files in order to be synced through all your devices, not to use it as an additional local storage. This means that you cannot put any app there if you do not have enough space on your device; in other words, you have to delete data from your iPad in order to update apps.

I have 17.2GB storage available on I cloud yet my I pad can't even upgrade a simple app as it says it is full

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.