Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with sessions ending using GoDaddy email accounts with Safari

I use a GoDaddy email account on my iMac with Safari. Lately I have been unable to manage my emails. I log into the account using a secure webmail, emil opens normally, but when I try to read or delete and emil I get this message: Session has ended due to inactivity. Log in to resume. I have cleared cache, cleared all history shut unit down and start again. Still same message. Any thoughts on this. GoDaddy suggested I download Chrome or Firefox to read my email.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:58 PM

10 replies

Apr 20, 2015 2:32 PM in response to safarionwin

I Spoke too soon. Our iMac just started doing this again. I have already talked to GoDaddy Support on two separate occasions to no avail. Will check with our local Apple Store geniouses to see what they say. I cleared all history, ran our CCleaner and shut unit off. Turned back on and seems to be okay, for now. Sure is aggrivating.

Apr 20, 2015 2:37 PM in response to Haroldl

Since I last wrote, I also tried advice I found in another post (can't mail from godaddy when using safari) to delete ALL website date and delete the cache.db and restart safari. This did not help.

Don't know if it's related, but my macbook pro that is having this issue with GoDaddy webmail is now also asking for an obscure iCloud password every time I start up that is not my usual iCloud password... i can find it in my keychain though.

Apr 20, 2015 2:57 PM in response to Haroldl

ok, I found something in another post that helped me. they said log in to godaddy webmail then click on the "updated view" link in the upper right. Well, I actually couldn't make it "click"... tried a few times, nothing. Went and tried on my desktop computer, it clicked and converted to "updated view" fine. Went back to laptop and clicked on an email, got booted back to login screen, logged in again, and voila, I was now in the updated view and it was now working fine. Out of curiousity I clicked it back into "classic view" and it is still working fine. so go figure. I have no explanation.

Sep 25, 2015 3:25 PM in response to safarionwin

EDIT, no, those instructions referenced in my above comment probably didn't help me, the problem recurred, I came to think it was a router issue as I had recently switched to cable modem SB183 and I've read that may not play nice in some way with Apple Airport Extreme. But I never tried to troubleshoot it as the only website giving me trouble was GoDaddy webmail and I switched all my email to Google. Problem solved !

Trouble with sessions ending using GoDaddy email accounts with Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.