Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Need your help, can you read and help me? Thank You

I purchased a macbook pro retina in December 2014 , Yosemite original . I need instead of Mavericks 10.9.5 to use protools 10. I do not know how to download the installer of mavericks . My girlfriend has a macbook pro retina instead of 2013 with Mavericks . I might download to you by your computer the installer on a USB 16-gigabyte , but we do not know where to find the installer of mavericks on his computer . Can you help ?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:02 PM

7 replies

Mar 31, 2015 1:04 PM in response to marcoudine

Welcome to Apple Support Communities

As you bought the MacBook Pro in December 2014, you probably have got a Mid 2014 MacBook Pro.

This MacBook Pro model is compatible with OS X Mavericks, but the problem is that yours came with OS X Yosemite. It means that Apple does not let you downgrade to OS X Mavericks (if you do so, you will void warranty), and if you do, you may have issues with firmware and Internet Recovery.

Mar 31, 2015 1:41 PM in response to Niel

Today I went to the Apple store in my town and have tried with an external hard drive that had mavericks to see if connecting to my mac my mac recognizes ... ( speaking of "boot " ) ... my mac it recognizes . Then they said that you can do . To do so , however, asked me a figure high enough for me . For what I asked for your help to figure out how to install it on a USB key Maverick taken from the computer of my girl riding mavericks . Sorry for my English , but I'm using the google translator 🙂

Mar 31, 2015 1:53 PM in response to marcoudine

Either connect a regular external drive to the older MacBook Pro or use the Disk Utility to partition the new one's internal drive, connect the two computers through FireWire or Thunderbolt, restart the new one with the T key held down, start the older one from the recovery partition(press the Command and R keys at startup), and install the OS.

If you're actually able to download the installer from the Mac App Store, you can use it instead of restarting from the recovery partition.

(125224)

I Need your help, can you read and help me? Thank You

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.