Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes podcast "re download" after listening

I recently downloaded iTunes 12.1.1.4 on Windows 7 and once I've listened to a podcast, it redownloads after deletion. I have tried multiple combinations to get iTunes to delete podcasts to which I have listened, but nothing works, including marked as played. Any thoughts?

iPhone 5, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:21 PM

4 replies

Apr 3, 2015 8:08 AM in response to awlfromb

Same issue although mine decided to download 25 days of listening - every episode of every podcast. No idea which ones I've listened to in many cases so I've deleted the lot for now. Total pain and not the first time this has happened. |'m now actively looking for an iTunes alternative. Podcasts used to be rock solid but the last few months it's been issue after issue - ever since the last major UI overhaul. As this is my main use of iTunes, time to move on I think.

May 17, 2015 1:13 PM in response to ilaskey

This is a royal pain. I download TWIT (This Week in Tech). I have been listening to this show for years, never had a problem. Now it re-downloads every episode after I listen to it. It's supposed to delete after 48 hours. Now a week later it's downloading the same 4 episodes again! I actually unsubscribed from the podcast & it still does this. I am not going to delete iTunes & re-install it, because I would have to re-load all my music.

itunes podcast "re download" after listening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.