Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5s phone stuck on headphone

This issue just showed up today

I cannot hear music through the exterior speaker. I can hear music when i plug in the headphones.

Also cannot hear phone calls through ear speaker, but can hear phone conversations when i press the speaker then it plays through speakers.

seems to be stuck on headphone mode.

when i adjust volume it says headphone not ringer.

I've shut down and restarted

I've turned off wi-fi

I have the latest software

I've performed a system reset.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 5:36 PM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2015 8:26 AM in response to jskbydesign

Hi jskbydesign,

I guess I'm confused. It sounds like you are saying music plays fine through headphones but not with the built in speaker (exterior speaker?), but phone calls can be heard in speakerphone mode (speaker) but not with earbuds. That sounds like a reversal in symptoms.

Either way, please check out the relevant link in this article.

Get help with hardware features on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The top section is for sound issues.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Nubz

5s phone stuck on headphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.