Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air Recommendations?

Hey everyone!

I'm planning on upgrading my old low-end 13" non-retina Macbook Pro to the latest maxed out 13" Macbook Air (for portability & budget reasons) and I was wondering if others could chime in.

I am currently a graphic design student but I've been focusing on web/UI design and front-end development/coding so I don't really do any heavy photo-editing work; just mockup placements and small gifs. I mostly use Sketch (for most of my UI work) and Illustrator (for occasional complex vectors & typography.) I'm also playing around with text editors like Sublime and Brackets as well as the browser developer tools.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 13" i5 mid-2012

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:49 PM

2 replies

Mar 31, 2015 7:29 PM in response to KiltedTim

Haha, sorry! I accidentally submitted the post incompletely. I was also gonna mention that I might be doing some After Effects animations. It'll only be for one class but, I was curious as to how the Air would handle After Effects at all.

Aside from that, I'm also looking for any feedback in terms of longevity and performance. My current MBP is the first Mac laptop I've ever had so a lot of these OS updates are still fairly new things to me and I've only recently started digging into Activity Monitor and questioning a lot of the processes that eat up my CPU & RAM. Just curious if the latest iterations of the MBAs can last out for a while compared to all of the older hardware.

Macbook Air Recommendations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.