Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari autocompletes wrong email address for me

When I go to a website that Safari feels like recognizing, sometimes it offers to fill in my contact info for me. But I have learned to decline this, because for some reason it wants to use my evernote email address as listed in my contact card for myself instead of the "home" email address also stored there. I feel like asking, how do I tell Safari to use the email address I want instead of picking apparently the worst possible choice to auto-fill for me?

PowerMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 14 GB RAM, 2.8 GHz Quad Core

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:38 PM

4 replies

Apr 6, 2015 8:20 AM in response to Eric Root

Believe it or not, I'm having trouble finding a website where it is asking me for my email address now, so I cannot seem to try your suggestion. Sigh.

My gut tells me it won't work. My question is more about why it is choosing that particular address of the several that are in my address card. How does Safari choose which email address to use in auto-filling my contact information?

Apr 7, 2015 8:37 AM in response to Eric Root

It is not there as an autofill. The prompt to use this address only comes up when I start typing my email address into some web form. Then this little prompt pops up attached to the field I'm filling in that says something like "do you want to fill this in with your contact info?" Again, I'm having trouble finding a site that asks for it. I'll hack one up if I get time and post what exactly it looks like and says, I think that will be helpful here.

safari autocompletes wrong email address for me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.