Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I unlink my iPhone from my iTunes?

Hi Fellow Tuners,

I used to link my iPhone with my MBP, but I bought a Mini to use as a server and have moved all my content there, including my iTunes library. I've successfully linked my phone to the iTunes on my Mini server, but every time I turn on my MBP iTunes opens and thinks that it is still linked to my phone. I've deleted my entire iTunes folder (on the laptop) but it doesn't help; I'm sure there's a library file floating around that is giving it old information.

Anybody know which files I need to delete to permanently break the connection?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 9:20 PM

Howdy maplevshoney,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If you want to remove your device from the Wi-Fi syncing settings of your MacBook Pro, then simply disable the option in iTunes to sync your iPhone over iTunes. To do that, you will need to plug the iPhone into the MacBook Pro with the USB cable.

Sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 3, 2015 9:20 PM in response to maplevshoney

Howdy maplevshoney,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

If you want to remove your device from the Wi-Fi syncing settings of your MacBook Pro, then simply disable the option in iTunes to sync your iPhone over iTunes. To do that, you will need to plug the iPhone into the MacBook Pro with the USB cable.

Sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

How do I unlink my iPhone from my iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.