Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Really low volume on headphones with iPad mini iOS 8.2

Hello,

Problem is with an iPad mini running iOS 8.2. When I connect any headphone/earbud to my iPad mini I can't hear a thing. Actually the sound is not totally muted but really really really low, almost imperceptible. The headphones are fine -tried them on mac/pc/iPhone-. I've tried with different headphones (at least 5 different sets), tried adjusting the volume max-low-max (I can see volume bar on screen showing headphones), plugging unplugging the headphones -also plugging them very hard-, restarting the iPad by turning it off pressing and holding lock button and then sliding to power off, rebooting it holding lock and home button together. None of these have solved the problem. iPad speakers are fine. This issue happens with every app with sound: Videos, Music, YouTube, FaceTime, etc. I recently upgraded the software to iOS version 8.2. I'm sure this worked in the past.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Laura.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2, sound with headphones won't work

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:29 PM

Unless you've accidentally set a volume limit within music settings, there's probably a problem with your headphone jack. You should also try a complete restore of your iPad just incase. Otherwise, since you've tried everything else, it sounds like its a hardware problem 😟

3 replies

Really low volume on headphones with iPad mini iOS 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.