Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sd card speed bus on a Macbook pro 13" mid 2012

Hello to everybody!

I tried to search over the net and at apple site but had no a definitive answer.

I have an iMac 2010 and the sd card is connected to the usb (2.0) bus and the real speed is quite slow (impossible to use it to instal and run the System on it). I have also a mac mini 2012, and here the sd card reader is linked through the pcie bus: the speed is good and the system that runs on seems faster than the hdd.

In the apple site is written that the apple notebook uses always the usb bus, and the newer desktop the pcie…

In the macbook pro 13" mid 2012 md101 I know that the usb is the 3.0. My question is: even if the card reader is connected via the usb bus, being this one the 3.0 , is comparable in speed to a pcie connected card reader? To the owners of that macbook, can someone send me the system informations about the theorical speed of the card reader?

Thanks

Marcello

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:36 PM

There are no replies.

Sd card speed bus on a Macbook pro 13" mid 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.