Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recent photos not in DCIM folder

I'm having a problem transferring some recent photos I took with my ipad air to my PC (windows 7). When I connect it, the DCIM folder shows up when I double click on the portable device (my ipad), but each of the subfolders with photos has the same date (9/12/2014) for some reason, and none contain the photos I took more recently with my device. The photos are definitely on the ipad, because I can see them when I open the camera app, but they're "invisible" so far as my DIM folder is concerned. I don't want to upload them to dropbox, because of the space issue (my dropbox doesn't have room for all these photos), so I'm not sure what to do. I've tried disconnecting and connecting the ipad to the computer, but no dice.

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 1:25 PM

5 replies

Mar 31, 2015 2:39 PM in response to jazcan

I've purchased the photosync, but unfortunately all it's doing is searching for my computer. When I try to follow the instructions to open the photosync companion on my PC, all I get is this little window that says drag and drop your photos videos here, which is no use, because I want to get photos from my ipad to my computer and not the reverse. I can't find the application menu in the photosync companion program on my pc to set it up 😟

This is so maddening. I was able to transfer photos between my ipad and pc in the past just by hooking the ipad up.I don't seem to be able to get it to work via icloud either? I've created an album, and I was able to transfer the photos to my iphone but not my pc. What's going on?

Apr 1, 2015 5:04 PM in response to jazcan

No, I didn't find a video. Just trying to get my photos from my ipad to my PC quickly and easily, the way I used to. One of those frustrating afternoons, struggling for over an hour with something that should have taken a few minutes 😟

Interestingly enough, when I checked back later, there was a sub folder in my DCIM folder that finally had the recent pictures. But it was very hard to find them, because each folder was named with some random seeming code, and when I tried to sort the folders by date created, they all had the exact same date (back in sept of 2014, which was not when any of those pictures were taken). It appears that the only way to "find" the most recently created photo subfolder is to open them until you find the one that has the picts you want. It doesn't seem to have a way of renaming the sub folders either, so I guess I'm supposed to write the codes down by hand and file them somewhere for future reference or something so I'll know which pictures are where.

Apr 1, 2015 7:45 PM in response to elwagner

I'm sorry you were unable to get Photosync working, It is very easy to use & I suggested you watch the video in order for you to get it set up on your PC. You open the app on the iPad, select the thumbnails of the Photos you want to transfer (you can also select entire albums) & select your computer as the device you want to transfer to (the iPad & computer need to be on the same wireless network). You can see the Photos you're transferring without having to open up randomly named files.

recent photos not in DCIM folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.