Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI password not synced with iOS device

For short: I'm excluded off my own WIFI net because Apple's iCloud Keychain didn't sync the WIFI password from my MacBook to my iPad.

For my holidays I bought a nice portable WIFI hard disk. This device can not only take the memory cards of my camera and store the images without any computer, but also establishes a WIFI network, by which I can access the content of the mobile harddisk wirelessly.

At home, I configured this neat device with my MacBookPro and accessed it via WIFI by choosing the WIFI hard disk's network and entering the password, which Apple suggested during the configuration process of the WIFI hard disk. At this moment (entering the WIFI password to connect with the hard disk's network), I had to recurr onto the OSX keychain helper: look for the formerly entered password and paste it into the WIFI accounting form - and check the box "store in the icloud keychain". Ok.

Ok? Nothing's ok on my iOS devices (iPad and iPhone). Why?

By checking the box, I was sure that the password would indeed be synced with and stored within the iCloud keychain.

But I went wrong!

Now on holidays, with my camera, my iPad, my WIFI hard disk and – without my MacBookPro (because it's a holidays killer) – I tried to connect my iPad with the WIFI of the mobile hard disk. Seeing it's WIFI network, I tapped on it and got the accounting dialog: Enter password.

Which password?!?

I had instructed the Apple iCloud to store this password – and deliver it to any authorized device if needed.

But Apple, seemingly, did NOT do this and failed to deliver the password to my iPad (which is naturally registered to the same Apple ID as my MacBook).

What shall I do now? I have NO access neither to my MacBookPro (which is at home) nor to my iCloud keychain (which Apple thinks the best to protect against me).

To be honest, I feel patronized in a very ugly way by Apple - once again.

My question is: Why isn't there a way to access or manage the iCloud keychain from an iOS device? Should it be that Apple thinks these devices are LESS SECURE?

Any help is very welcome! Thanks in advance.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 4:18 PM

There are no replies.

WIFI password not synced with iOS device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.