Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Need for Speed

Hi Guys,

Following - I have a brand new TC 2TB

I have fibre optic (200 Mbps download) from my Network Provider and am connected (wired) via their router/modem

The TC is wired connected to the above router

I have a Mac Mini connected via Ethernet to the TC

Macbook Air connected wireless to the TC

iPhone 6 plus connected wireless to the TC

All devices are in the same room for this test

The (wired) Mac Mini gets full speed of 200 Mbps down and 45 Mpbs upload

The Macbook Air and iPhone 6 I get max of 40 to 80 Mbps download (regardless if selecting 2.4 or the separate 5ghz networks that I have set up on the TC.) when connected to the TC wireless network.

If however, using the same MB Air and iPhone 6 (and sat in exactly the same place) I select the wireless network on the telco router, then I get full 200 Mbps download speed.

Has to be something on the TC. Any ideas suggestions?

Many Thanks,

scott

Time Capsule-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:17 PM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2015 9:54 AM in response to in CH

Hello scott,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Time Capsule. It sounds like you have been on the right track in your troubleshooting. If it appears that your wireless throughput is somehow bottlenecked on the Time Capsule, you may want to check the current settings of the telco wireless router against the settings on the Time Capsule, as well as against the suggested configuration outlined in the following article. You may want to temporarily set it as an open/unsecured network to test if it is a security protocol issue. You may also want to try testing the Time Capsule again after turning off the wifi network on the telco router and rebooting the Time Capsule, just to make sure the Time Capsule is able to select from the optimum available chanels.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Sincerely,

- Brenden

Apr 13, 2015 3:09 PM in response to brenden dv

Thanks for taking time to respond Brenden.

I seem to have had one of those typical magic solutions where the technology all of a sudden works again without having really applied any logical resolution to the problem!

So I'm getting performance again, but same settings etc so really can't tell anyone with the same issue what I changed..just a lot of plugging, un-pluggin cables, re-booting, turning wi-fi on and off....

All the best,

- scott

The Need for Speed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.