Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does storage capacity of iPhone 5c not decrease when photos deleted?

Hey

I have deleted all my photos & videos on my iPhone 5C (including recently deleted) to increase the GB left on my iPhone. However the GB has remained as 1.1GB & claims there is 136 photos & 28 videos (on the 'About' page) but there are no photos/videos on the iPhone, they have been deleted from the Camera Roll using the sync function when connected to my mac. I have even gone as far as to delete the synced photos from iPhoto but this has come to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea as to what has gone wrong/what I'm doing wrong & if so how to fix it?

Thanks

E

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.2, Blue (the cool colour)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:25 PM

1 reply

Apr 3, 2015 9:16 AM in response to ewen91

Hello ewen91,

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you have removed all of the photos and videos from your iPhone, but iOS still shows Photos & Camera as using 1.1 GB.

First, be sure to restart your iPhone. If you still see this space being used up when you go to Settings > General > Usage > Manage Storage but you have no pictures or videos on your iPhone, I recommend the following method.

Back up your iPhone using the steps in this article:

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

After backing up, place your iPhone into Recovery Mode and perform an "Update" to reinstall iOS:

1. Make sure that you have iTunes 12 or later on your computer.
  2. Put your device in recovery mode.
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, select Update. This will reinstall iOS without erasing your data.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

After this finishes, your iPhone should show the right amount of storage.

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Why does storage capacity of iPhone 5c not decrease when photos deleted?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.