Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Moved my library to an external hard drive. Now I get this message when trying to import video: Cannot start ingest because there is no storage location set. Please set one under Storage in Preferences and try again.

I recently moved my iMovie Library and all of its contents to an external hard drive. I then erased the library and all of its contents from my iMac HD and created a new library. Now when I try to import video from my DV camera I get this message: Cannot start ingest because there is no storage location set. Please set one under Storage in Preferences and try again. There is no way to set a storage location in Preferences. I have chosen an Event in the middle drop down box. But it still will not import. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:07 PM

There are no replies.

Moved my library to an external hard drive. Now I get this message when trying to import video: Cannot start ingest because there is no storage location set. Please set one under Storage in Preferences and try again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.