Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get message to reset voice mail passcode

My wife has an iPhone 6. After missing a call she got a voice mail from the caller. When she tried to check the voice mail, she got a message to reset an expired passcode. We have ATT phone service. Our current passcode works fine on the home line. I have an iPhone 5 and have never been requested to change any passcode for the voice mail. What do I need to do to my wife's phone so that she can hear the voice mail?

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 5:41 PM

Call AT&T support.

2 replies

Apr 1, 2015 7:22 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

You are right Lawrence. I downloaded the AT&T app and did the procedure they suggested (in addition to calling them). The procedure was to reset the passcode by getting a temporary one from AT&T via the app. After doing this, it also said that with Apple phones you don't need the temporary code. Well, I first tried it with out the temporary code (just put in a new code); that did not work so I used the temporary code and my wife got the voicemail. I then went to the list of stored voice mails, but the phone said I had the wrong passcode. So as soon as my wife comes home we're calling AT&T support.

Get message to reset voice mail passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.