Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

want to recover deleted imessages conversation

Hi, Hope someone can help. I accidently deleted a whole imessage conversation history from my iphone 6 when trying to delete 1 single message. Its been a while since I did a backup so ideally do not want to use iTunes as I will lose other valuable info. Is there a way of recovering these messages? There seems to be some software available to purchase but surely there is a free way. Any advice would help. Thanks so much.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 9:33 AM

Is there anyone that can help with this?

5 replies

Jun 23, 2015 7:58 AM in response to Una

This seems to be a really big and common problem. I deleted a whole conversation of important iMessages accidentally, thinking I was just deleting one. I think Apple could help avoid this if there is no way possible to undo it by having a warning pop up to say - "you are deleting a whole conversation with this person, is this what you really want to do?" That absolutely would have helped me. I am in Una's same position and I am so distressed to have lost all this communication with someone.

Apple, are you listening? Is there any way for us to recover these messages? Verizon is my wireless provider and they are saying they don't have access to deleted iMessages. Is that correct?

Thank you for any help you can give. I have iPhone 4s.

Jun 23, 2015 8:04 PM in response to pamelacontra

pamelacontra wrote:

Apple, are you listening? Is there any way for us to recover these messages? Verizon is my wireless provider and they are saying they don't have access to deleted iMessages. Is that correct?

Thank you for any help you can give. I have iPhone 4s.

No Apple is not listening here. This is a user to user support forum. Apple only listens at their feedback page, http://www.apple.com/feedback

That is correct that Verizon has no access to iMessages, they are data handled by the Apple Servers, so they do not have access. If you want Apple to hear your complaint, then use the feedback link I provided.

Also, the only way to recover the messages is to restore the phone to a backup that would contain the message. Remember that restoring the phone to an earlier date will delete all other data from the phone.

want to recover deleted imessages conversation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.