Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal syncing problem after "Holidays in the United States" Gmail identity problem

A while back, Gmail inexplicably changed my name from "Mimi Sheiner" to "Holidays in the United States". It didn't do this for every email I wrote, though. Only new contacts seemed to see that as my name, when I emailed them from my iPhone 4S. I found a fix for this little problem in a Slate article, by Mark Joseph Stern, who advised as follows: "Go to your contacts and find your own contact—that’s the one marked “me.” Then hit “edit,” “add email,” and add your Gmail address. For reasons beyond my comprehension, Holidays in the United States (or wherever) should now be replaced with your real name in the Mail app." But, a problem remains for syncing calendars from the iPhone to my MacBook Pro. Events I add on my laptop sync fine going to the phone's iCal app. But, events I add on iCal don't appear on my laptop Google calendar. iCal seems to still be using a calendar called "Holidays in the United States" on my iPhone, but no such account exists on my laptop Google Calendar and I haven't figured out how to add it. I also can't delete the "Holidays in the United States" calendar from iCal. I tried adding the Google Calendar app, and it syncs perfectly with the iCal app. It's just that I'd like events I add on the fly, while out and around town, to show up on Google Calendar on my MacBook Pro and on my Mac Mini. I'd be grateful for any help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), with iPhone 4S, ios 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 4:27 PM

1 reply

iCal syncing problem after "Holidays in the United States" Gmail identity problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.