Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keyboard shortcut for exporting a single frame

I came from Premiere Pro CC and there was a fancy keyboard shortcut that would export the full resolution still of the current frame to a pre-assigned location.

As far as I understand, the only way I can do this is by

1) clicking share button (with the cursor that you could be using to hover scrub to quickly find frames to save)

2) clicking "save current frame" button

3) waiting for the dialogue box, and clicking next

4) writing a new file name in the save dialogue (if you have multiple frames you want to save from one clip)

(which is why I actually prefer to just take screenshots in full screen mode, which poses its own set of problems like black bars and resolution loss, but it saves time)

Whereas in Premiere this is a very efficient process:

1) (shift)+3 or click dedicated button

2) enter

Done!!!

• Premiere renames the file uniquely by using the time data to ensure that no frame will ever have the same name as any other.
  • Premiere has a dedicated button that requires one click instead of two clicks.
  • Premiere has one dialogue box instead of two dialogue boxes (FCPX export, and OSX save dialogue)
  • Premiere takes 3 keystrokes and has almost zero latency. FCPX takes 2 clicks, [enter], [rename file], [enter again], wait ages for it to finally export.

The point is, the FCPX frame export workflow is slow and clunky. I've already sent this in as a feedback request, but I feel like it'd be a better idea to go to the community and see if I could get apple's attention this way. I love FCPX a lot. If I didn't love it, I wouldn't be sending this feedback. I'm just trying to help you create a better product.

Thanks for your dedication, Apple.

J

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 10:07 PM

In case, exporting single frames is your prefered share-option:

• Open Prefs/Destinations
  • ctrl-click on 'Export actual frame'
  • set to 'Standard:

From now on, hit cmd-E to export the actual frame ...

And no '' here, this is a User2user board ... 😉

1 reply

keyboard shortcut for exporting a single frame

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.