Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse Problems 2009 Mac Pro Yosemite...

I am experiencing an issue with the mouse on my Mac Pro (2009), running Yosemite. Twice today, it lost the ability to left click.

In the past when this has happened, I would restart and sometimes it would fix the issue. Other times, I would have to boot into

recovery mode and run disk utility (repair permissions, repair disk). I have also 'zapped' the PRAM several times. The problem

was still present when I booted into recovery mode (still no left click).

Today I discovered something that may have been causing the issue. I actually own 3 Magic Mice. Two of them are in my laptop

bag. When I was booted into Safe Mode a minute ago, I was checking stuff out in the bluetooth menu and removing devices. That

is when I noticed that one of the other Magic Mice was connected to the Mac Pro. I believe that what was happening is that the left

button on the mouse in the laptop bag was being pressed continuously, causing my Mac Pro to not respond to the Magic Mouse that

is right next to it. I am going to keep an eye on this issue. I have since removed the other two Magic Mice from the bluetooth menu

on the Mac Pro, so they should not interfere again. I just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone has had a similar issue.

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 24 GB, Radeon 4870, Blu-ray

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:22 PM

There are no replies.

Mouse Problems 2009 Mac Pro Yosemite...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.