Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send mail with OS X server due to DNS issue

Server is setup to use domain (not local or vpn/private). For this, lets say its example.com. I run DHCP, DNS, File Sharing, etc. I do not host Mail though on any of my local servers. Internal DNS is responding to queries without an issue for browsing internet, resolving local server names to IPs, etc...

Overal, DNS service seems to be working fine except for this mail issue I'm having.

My linux server running Debian 7 with Exim4 can send mail out using its own smtp process fine to any recipient that isn't @example.com. If I try to send an email to user@example.com, I get an error message on the linux box that the email user@example: unrouteable address.

Any ideas what entries I need to add into my DNS server so that I can send mail out?

Primary Zone: example.com

macserver.example.com -> 10.0.1.11

linuxserver.example.com -> 10.0.1.12

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 2:23 PM

There are no replies.

Can't send mail with OS X server due to DNS issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.