Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone after succsessful unlocking

I have iphone 5 at&t model A1428, IOS 8.2 clean without contract.

Yesterday I sent a request to unlock online AT&T. Request is successful. I talked to customer support, they confirmed that my phone is unlocked.

But I put my sim card GSM operator from a country outside the United States. I am now outside the United States. And my phone says that it can not work with this sim card.

I shall carry out any instructions. Restores phone. Restores in DFU mode. But I did not help. Customer Support AT&T advised to call Apple. They claim that they have everything in order.

Give me a phone number where I can help in my question?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2, imei 013332003145010

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 3:16 PM

2 replies

Apr 3, 2015 9:01 AM in response to BazzTex

Hi BazzTex,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you are having issues getting an unlocked phone to work with a new carrier. It sounds like AT&T has done what they needed to do, now you will need to contact your current carrier, the one you got the new SIM card from. For contact info for your carrier, see this link:

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Select your carrier from Carrier Support, but look at the round flag icon in the lower right corner to be sure you have your current location selected. Click on the icon and select it if not already selected.

Regards,
Jeff D.

iphone after succsessful unlocking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.