Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keeps loading my 461 bookmarks as tabs.

I've deleted all bookmarks and removed Safari's permission to do pretty much everything. Closing safari/restarting my computer doesn't help.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2015 8:04 AM

Try reopening Safari with the shift key held down.

If that doesn't work, Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2015 8:04 AM in response to brownl10

Try reopening Safari with the shift key held down.

If that doesn't work, Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Clear History and Web Site Data. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site.

Apr 1, 2015 8:10 AM in response to Eric Root

Thank you so much, Eric! Holding down the shift key worked but I'm saving your full response in case it happens again. 🙂

I could have saved hours of searching if there had been anything useful like this in the Help menu. It seems that Help is only useful if you already know the answer to your question and/or where to look for it. 😠

Safari keeps loading my 461 bookmarks as tabs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.