Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software update 7.1 breaks home sharing have to power cycle to get library back

Let me start out by saying we have a lot of apple tv's. We have 4 3rd gens and at first I thought it was isolated to one of the atvs where it would lose the home sharing libraries on our 2 iMacs when it would sleep. When you would wake it up, you would get the error message to turn on home sharing in the iTunes libraries(which are obviously still being shared). A power cycle or restart restores the access to the iTunes libraries.

So several days later I noticed our den apple tv(different location) had updated to 7.1. Guess what--no iTunes libraries. Same story, requires restart. On the others, I turned off automatic updates and they still have the older software. No problems and they never lose connection to the libraries. What gives apple? Yosemite had enough bugs for my household--dont break my apple tvs too!

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 4:32 PM

There are no replies.

Software update 7.1 breaks home sharing have to power cycle to get library back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.