Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External volume keys not working while charging cable connected

Hello,

Whenever i connect my 3.5m AUX Audio Lineout USB Cable Charger to my iPod 3g i can't use external volume keys.

Is thete a fix for this, or do i need to install an app for this, or tweak some setting?

Thanks.

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 4:26 PM

7 replies

Apr 1, 2015 5:09 AM in response to lllaass

Hello,

Thanks for reply.

I'm not connecting anything to the iPod's jack, just my headphones, but when plugging the cable into iPod and hardware volume buttons get deactivated.

This is the "3.5m AUX Audio Lineout USB Cable Charger"

User uploaded file

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5mm-Car-AUX-Audio-Lineout-USB-Cable-Charger-For-i-Po d-i-Phone-3GS-4G-BK-New-/301372427326?ss…

Its a cable that works with iPod / iPhone 3G / 4G

I am using an adapter to connect the cable sound out and headphones sound in jacks:

User uploaded file

And it works with my iPod3G, the only problem is as soon as i plug the cable into iPod, it's volume key don't work, and i can't change music volume, and volume slider in the very OS disappears, but as soon as i plug the cable out of iPod, volume slider appears in the iTunes player, and iPod's volume buttons work again.

Thanks.

External volume keys not working while charging cable connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.