Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I delete trash mail in bulk instead of one at a time

'm on an IPAD AR deleting trash/junk mail seperately. Can it be done in bulk?

iPad, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 4:58 PM

7 replies

Mar 31, 2015 5:27 PM in response to cn2myii

To use the iOS supplied deletion, which is not a true bulk removal, the closet you can get is tap Edit at the top of the Mailboxes pane, tap the left side of all of the messages to be deleted, and after all are marked tap Trash at the bottom of the Mailboxes panel. Then tap Mailboxes at the top, select the account, then the Trash for that account. Tap Edit at the top of the panel, Delete All at the bottom and confirm the deletion. That bulk removes all messages in the trash.

Apr 1, 2015 6:19 AM in response to cn2myii

I'm sorry, after reading Ralph's response, I saw that you want to bulk delete messages in trash. When you are in the trash folder, tap Edit at the top and then tap Delete All at the bottom. You don't have to tap each email in order to do this.

You can do this for junk mail as well, but like Ralph explained, you cannot delete all in both folders at the same time without going through the steps that he outlined.

It's really not that big of a deal. It just takes a few seconds to do both.

May 31, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Demo

RE: using "Delete All" to emptry email trash folders—I've had some weird problems lately on my 4S, iOS 8.3, and one of them is that the "Delete All" option no longer shows up when I click "Edit" in the trash folder. I even deleted and reinstalled the offending email account, and still no "Delete All." Any ideas on how to get this back, or why this happened? Could it be related to the latest iOS, 8.3? Or the type of email account (Roadrunner, via Time Warner Cable

User uploaded file

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

can I delete trash mail in bulk instead of one at a time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.