Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete all songs from my macbook pro now that i have loaded them onto my iPod?

I want to use less of my memory on my new macbook pro, i noticed how much space my music takes up so i loaded everything onto the iPod and its already on passport. Is there a way to delete all the music now from my HD?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), iPod touch 4

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:23 PM

That shouldn't be done immediately; put your iTunes library on a second external drive, launch iTunes with the Option key held down, choose that library, and back up the second external drive to the first before doing so.

Once you've done everything listed above, throw the copy of it on the internal drive away and empty the Trash.

(125235)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 6:23 PM in response to livyluv

That shouldn't be done immediately; put your iTunes library on a second external drive, launch iTunes with the Option key held down, choose that library, and back up the second external drive to the first before doing so.

Once you've done everything listed above, throw the copy of it on the internal drive away and empty the Trash.

(125235)

Can I delete all songs from my macbook pro now that i have loaded them onto my iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.