Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks keeps asking me to turn on wifi

(wifi-only iPad mini 1st gen, iOS 8.1.3, iBooks 4.1.1)

It wasn't something I noticed right away, as I hadn't used iBooks in a while. But when I open iBooks, I always get a pop-up telling me I need to enable the wifi. That pop-up has always been really annoying even on other apps (I bought the wifi-only iPad for a reason), but now that it's appeared in iBooks, it's the final straw. I'm not interested in using my iPad to buy stuff, or in seeing the New York Times Bestseller List, so I don't want it to be bugging me about the internet every time I want to read something.

Is it possible to disable this?

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 4:19 PM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 11:23 PM in response to TalithaRabboni

Try turning Settings > iBooks > Online Content 'off', and Settings > iBooks > Sync Collection and Notes and Sync Collections 'off'.

And in the iBooks app itself tap the collection name at the top middle of the bookshelf, scroll to the bottom of it, and turn 'hide icloud books' 'on', and see if that makes any difference.

(You can also hide all the ibook store tabs so that only the bookshelf shows via Settings > General > Restrictions > iBooks Store 'off')

iBooks keeps asking me to turn on wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.