Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 5 wont turn on (homebutton is stuck)

My iPod Touch (5th generation with the latest iOS software update) was working perfectly fine earlier up until I went on facebook and turned it off. It already had a low battery, and so I thought it had just shut down because it needed charging when it didn't turn back on. I plugged it in and tried turning it on, but it still didn't turn on, so I charged it for an hour. It still wont turn on, and none of the other threads have helped me.

My home-button is stuck (for like the 5th time in 3 months) and everyone says you need the home-button to reset it. (Like the home-button and power together)

I remember my tablet having a little button to reset it with, which I used to fix my tablet when it had a similar problem like this, but the only thing like a button is by the turn on/off button of the iPod. How do I reset it?

ALSO THIS IS PROBABLY IMPORTANT: My iPod will no longer charge or connect to the computer. I plugged it in to both my wall-charger and both computer and it still wont charge or connect. I'm pretty sure my iPod is supposed to feel warm when charging for a while, but it's super cold. Any help available? I'm not sure if I should go to the Apple repair place or something... I heard that they cant help me very much, and will only suggest to buy a new one.

(If nothing works then I'll just go buy an iPhone 5c to replace the iPod. Don't say I should just do that- I want to at least try to save my iPod)

iPod touch, iOS 8.2, Home-button is broken.

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 7:25 PM

Make the appointment and take it in and see what they say. Then you can make your decision from there

6 replies

Apr 1, 2015 2:04 AM in response to sugarcubesugar

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

and

Turn on without Home/Power Button

Apr 24, 2015 9:49 PM in response to sugarcubesugar

This happened to me yesterday, and my home button is broken and my top button is slightly stuck. I was so distraught because I had heaps of recent photos and videos not backed up!

None of the replies to any of these threads helped me, however I did manage to get it working.

All I did is plug it into the charger, and let it sit there over night. Although the iPod was cold and didn't look like it was charging, by the morning it had turned on due to the battery being completely full. Hope this helps a little, good luck 🙂

Apr 25, 2015 1:40 AM in response to sugarcubesugar

Try:

Turn on without Home/Power Button

and

- Try another cable. The cable for 5G iPod (lightning connector) seems to be more prone to failure than the older cable.

- If a 5G iPod

Iphone 5 lightning port charging problem - SOLUTION!

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch 5 wont turn on (homebutton is stuck)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.