Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing & Managing iTunes libraries from different countries

Hi Everyone,

I would like some help on sharing and managing content from different iTunes libraries from two difference countries please.

I have:

• 1 x iPod and its library from the UK (and its UK Apple ID)
  • 2 x iPhone 5's and their libraries from the US (and their US Apple ID's)

I appreciate there are restrictions due to each country's laws so what I want may not work, however, ideally I want it so I can have all three of our libraries in one iTunes library and then both my wife and I can choose which songs we want on our iPhones and iPods.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Any help much appreciated - cheers!

iPod nano

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:41 PM

Import all of the music files into a single iTunes library.

(125240)

5 replies

Mar 31, 2015 11:01 PM in response to Y2J

I appreciate there are restrictions due to each country's laws so what I want may not work,

I am curious what "laws" you might be referring to. I can tell you that in the USA it is perfectly legal to have songs from the UK in your iTunes library!

As Neil suggests, put all of the music into a single library.

Mar 31, 2015 11:04 PM in response to Y2J

Thanks Guys.

What you said worked - cheers!

The only thing that didn't was transferring my UK music to USA iPhone. Unless you know otherwise, I assume because I paid for UK music in UK, trying to then play it on a USA iPhone won't work......or is there a workaround?

The fact I've paid for it legally in one country surely shouldn't be a problem playing it on a device?

Or should I create a brand new Apple ID and library - would that help?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Apr 1, 2015 4:10 AM in response to Y2J

Y2J wrote:

Thanks Guys.

What you said worked - cheers!

The only thing that didn't was transferring my UK music to USA iPhone. Unless you know otherwise, I assume because I paid for UK music in UK, trying to then play it on a USA iPhone won't work......or is there a workaround?

The fact I've paid for it legally in one country surely shouldn't be a problem playing it on a device?

Or should I create a brand new Apple ID and library - would that help?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Y2J,

The problem is much more likely to be the multiple Apple IDs than the multiple countries. Do not start yet one more.

If all the music is in one library located on your computer, but certain songs won't sync, pls post details of the problem and maybe someone here can help troubleshoot.

Sharing & Managing iTunes libraries from different countries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.