Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems downloding from itunes

There are some issues I been having downloading music from iTunes lately, its been going on for about a year and its getting old restoring my ipod time and time again to get everything right .. I think I am going to have to quit buying music from iTunes and but the CD from Amazon or something. It is complex in explaining but want to know if some are having the same issue.,.here goes...

I download music from iTunes and the whole playlist isn't downloaded, I get some of the songs listed in italics with an italic circle by name of some music and when I call the help desk or even try to explain, I get help but they just restore restore restore and when I leave a comment for someone to email me or comment about whats wrong nobody gets back to me ..

so I think its safe to say I am disgusted with iTunes service and think its time I just buy CDs from now on and download them like that instead of using the iTunes service until someone can come up with a reason why this happens.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 6:56 PM

7 replies

Apr 1, 2015 2:08 AM in response to timjculbertson

You said "I download music from iTunes and the whole playlist isn't downloaded, I get some of the songs listed in italics with an italic circle by name of some music ".

Download from where? Do you mean sync from your iTunes library?

Where is it italic? on iPod In iTunes on computer?

Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Do the songs play OK in iTunes on the computer?

Apr 2, 2015 2:41 PM in response to lllaass

It is when I download from the iTunes store and then the italics comes in play when its on the ipod on iTunes on the computer .. I went ahead and restored my ipod again for the umpteenth time so can not post a screenshot of what I see and yes the songs play ok on the computer .. It just happens every so often, not sure if its if I download a lot of music at once or if it is one song .. but like said I just get tired of calling support and them tell they have no idea of what I am talking about and to shut me up they just restore your ipod and u will be fine and when they share computer to see the italics, they see it but they have no answer to why it happens .. that is why I think from now on its going to be better just go ahead of keep buying CDs from store or amazon and if I want it on my ipod then do it that way .. and only use the store for one item here and there ..

Apr 2, 2015 5:43 PM in response to timjculbertson

The way I see it, there are only a few reasons as to why this would happen.

1) Your iPod is running out of memory space, and your software can't stinking cope. This is plausible, especially if you're using an older Mac, Windows, or Linux. My iPod does strange things to cope with a bad USB connection or low memory (such as ditching album covers, artists, and even sound layers on the audio file when it gets shoved onto the device) but it's Gen4, not 5, and it runs iOS6, so maybe yours copes by making songs in italics that act all derpy and then ditching some songs that it just can't handle.

2) As I stated above, your connection to the computer (or the Internet) could be shaky, and your device isn't responding right to the input.

To consider other options, I will need more information. How many times have you restored? How old is the device? Have you ever attempted to jailbreak? If so, did you succeed? How much data is being used on your iPod, and how much space do you have free?

Problems downloding from itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.