Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working between just one person and me?

My boyfriend and I both have iPhones; I have a 5 and he has a 4. The past few weeks we have not been able to iMessage only each other. We both can iMessage anyone else in our contacts and are able to send and receive them just fine, but we have not received any of each other's messages. He changed his messages settings so that he could be reached by e-mail as well and I was able to receive and send iMessages to/from his e-mail address, but not from his cell phone number. We have both tried turning iMessage on and off several times and resetting our phones. Normally I wouldn't care about not being able to text someone very often but he is in the military so that is our main form of communication. Any help would be appreciated; thanks!

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 7:48 PM

1 reply

Apr 3, 2015 11:35 AM in response to kateosu

Hello kateosu,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that there is an iMessage issue between your iPhone and your boyfriends iPhone. You have already completed a lot of great troubleshooting steps as well, but the issue continues. To continue troubleshooting, I would suggest reading over the attached article and completing the steps you have yet worked through such as verifying that phone numbers are not blocked up to possibly restoring your iPhone.

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

iMessage not working between just one person and me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.