Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5: turns off with plenty of battery

Can someone help me please! My Iphone 5 turns off on me with plenty of battery. It then prompts me to plug my iphone into an outlet. As soon as I connect my iphone into an outlet my iphone turns on.

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:54 PM

1 reply

Mar 31, 2015 10:46 PM in response to francisco128

Depending on the age and use of the phone, it might be time to get the battery replaced by Apple.

Contact Apple Support and talk to them. They can check the battery online.

You can also visit this page to do that: iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Click on Apple Support, then on ->Battery, Power &Charging ->Battery questions and troubleshooting, and follow the instructions.

Choosing a service option
You can request repair service from your carrier (except AT&T and Virgin Mobile), directly from Apple, or from a local Apple Authorized Service Provider. If you get service through Apple, you can mail us your iPhone or make an appointment with a Genius at an Apple Retail Store.

About repair service
When you send your iPhone to Apple, we’ll examine it to confirm it’s eligible for the service you requested. If your iPhone is eligible, we’ll either repair your iPhone or replace it. The replacement will be new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability. If we determine that your iPhone is eligible for a different service than the one you requested, we’ll contact you with more information.

About battery service
Batteries are consumable parts that can fail because of a defect or because they wear out through normal use. If your iPhone fails because of a defect in the battery and it’s covered by Apple’s One Year Limited Warranty, AppleCare+, or AppleCare Protection Plan, we’ll either repair your iPhone or replace it. If your iPhone has been damaged accidentally or needs other repairs, you may need to pay an additional fee for service.
Learn more about iPhone battery life

Model Out-of-warranty service fee Battery service*
iPhone 6 Plus $329

$79
*available only if battery
fails Apple’s diagnostic test

iPhone 6 $299
iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 $269
iPhone 4s $199
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G,
Original iPhone
$149

Plus a $6.95 shipping fee, if required. Fees are in USD and exclude local tax. Pricing is for service through Apple. The final service fee we charge will be determined during testing and may be less than the service fee listed above. Pricing and terms vary for service through an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

copied from Service Answer Center - iPhone

Iphone 5: turns off with plenty of battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.