Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't redownload songs from iTunes store back into library

I moved my iTunes library from my Windows laptop to my Macbook..The only songs that I can't seem to find (have exclamation points next to them) are all ones I have purchased in the last month or so. Those songs show up in the purchased section in the iTunes store, however they don't have an iCloud icon next to it so I have no clue how to redownload them.

When I try to "get info" on the songs in my music library, it says its in some .trash file that I am not finding.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 9:24 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 8:19 PM in response to crazyaces

Did you move your library correctly? Moving a library: Quick answer if you use iTunes' default preferences settings: Copy the entire iTunes folder (and in doing so all its sub-folders and files) intact to the other drive. Hold down the option (alt) key (shift on Windows) and open iTunes. At the prompt to create or choose a library choose the copied iTunes folder.

Completely delete broken links. iTunes will not redownload as long as there is an entry in the library file. Then follow the process for downloading missing purchases. Downloading (using iOS or computer) past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2519

Can't redownload songs from iTunes store back into library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.