Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Directory not working for AFP authentication

Scenario:

- Running OS X Server (10.9) using FileSharing with AFP to share to multiple users.

- Currently the users login with local user accounts to gain access. I'd like to use our Open Directory server to authenticate instead (save me maintaining local users).

Issue:

- I added the OD server to Apple > System Prefs > Users > Login Options but when users attempt to login with their OD name/password, it doesn't recognize their credentials. Their local user accounts work fine and I've added their OD names to the access list for the various directories on the server.

I'm assuming I need to add the OD server somewhere else on the computer to get OS X to bind to it. Appreciate any input here.

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:30 PM

1 reply

Open Directory not working for AFP authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.