Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to set up a new itunes account however somehow every email address I have is associated with my current account so they are all being rejected what can I do?

I am trying to set up a new itunes account however somehow every email address I have is associated with my current account so they are all being rejected, what can I do?

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:35 PM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 12:15 AM in response to Rayc702

What is the text of the error message that you are getting ? As long as the email address isn't currently being used as an account's primary email address or alternate Apple id then you should be able to use it on a new account (though it might be best to not use a business email address, or an Apple address i.e. me.com, icloud.com, mac.com, some people have had problems with them).

You can remove alternate email address from an account by logging into it via http://appleid.apple.com, and you can also remove the rescue email address (by answering your security questions on the Password & Security section of that site) - but being an alternate or rescue email address on a different account shouldn't stop you creating a new account with it

Generally it's best to only have one account, all content that you download from the store will remain tied to that account, so only that account can potentially redownload that content, download updates to its apps, and authorise it on a new computer - you could also end up tying a device or computer to an account for 90 days, and not be able to redownload content from a different account until those 90 days have completed : Manage your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

I am trying to set up a new itunes account however somehow every email address I have is associated with my current account so they are all being rejected what can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.