Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Month Old iPhone 6+ Cracked Screen From Dropped

The unimaginable happened this afternoo. Whlie getting out of my car my new iPhone 6 Plus slipped out of my hands and went crashing down onto the hard cemented pavement, causing the screen to shatter at the corner and around the menu button (Photos below).

From what I can tell, the phone itself seems to be working just fine but there is an odd odor that does come out of where it's cracked. I made an appt online through this site with an local Apple Store/Genius Bar, and from what I understand it will cost $129 to replace the screen. But a friend just told me that it'll cost an upward of $299 because I don't have AppleCare or AppleCare+.

My question is, about how much it'll cost? I mean I understand that this wouldn't be covered under the basic one-year warranty, but it isn't "out-of-warranty" either.

Sprint (my carrier) wants to charge $200, but for me at this time, that's a little steep financially.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 9:59 PM

You do not need Apple Care or Apple Care plus for screen damage, unless you want to pay less than the standard care. If you had purchased Apple Care Plus, then the cost would be $79 for up to two instances. However, without Apple Care Plus, the cost is $129USD for the iPhone 6 Plus. See this support link about screen repairs. http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 31, 2015 9:59 PM in response to ShelyH73

You do not need Apple Care or Apple Care plus for screen damage, unless you want to pay less than the standard care. If you had purchased Apple Care Plus, then the cost would be $79 for up to two instances. However, without Apple Care Plus, the cost is $129USD for the iPhone 6 Plus. See this support link about screen repairs. http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/screen-damage/

Apr 1, 2015 11:50 AM in response to ShelyH73

Ever since I saw the first i6 and i6+ I lusted for one, finally deciding for the i6+ since the larger screen is a must for what some of what I do (remotely managing Windows or Unix servers, usually in emergency mode at the spur of the moment). But It became apparent there was no way the monster would be kept from falling. So when the day came, first I went to the Apple distributor and purchased a Griffin Survivor All Terrain. Would have preferred a LifeProof but that was unavailable at the time. Then I went to the carrier and got the phone. Fortunately, being over 6' tall, the iGadget has fit in all my pants pockets. With case.

Two Month Old iPhone 6+ Cracked Screen From Dropped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.